Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

SAP Exam C_S43_2022 Topic 4 Question 13 Discussion

Actual exam question for SAP's C_S43_2022 exam
Question #: 13
Topic #: 4
[All C_S43_2022 Questions]

How do you map a counter replacement in SAP S/4HANA Asset Management?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

A counter is a device that measures the performance or usage of a technical object, such as a machine, a vehicle, or a pump. A counter replacement is a process that involves replacing a defective or outdated counter with a new one.A counter replacement can affect the maintenance planning and scheduling of the technical object, as some maintenance tasks may depend on the counter readings1.

To map a counter replacement in SAP S/4HANA Asset Management, you need to create a new measurement document and assign a valuation code for counter replacement. A measurement document is a record that contains the measurement readings of one or more counters or measuring points.A valuation code is a key that indicates the quality or validity of the measurement reading, such as OK, Not OK, Estimated, or Counter Replacement2.

By creating a new measurement document and assigning a valuation code for counter replacement, you can inform the system that the counter has been replaced and the previous counter readings are no longer valid. The system will then use the new counter readings for maintenance planning and scheduling purposes.You can also enter additional information about the counter replacement, such as the reason, the date, and the time3.

The other options are incorrect because:

Deactivate the current counter and create a new counter: This option is not recommended, as it will create a new counter object in the system and break the link with the previous counter object.This will result in data inconsistency and loss of historical information about the counter readings and maintenance activities3.

Create a new measurement document marked as a counter replacement: This option is incomplete, as it does not specify how to mark the measurement document as a counter replacement.You need to use the valuation code field to indicate the counter replacement3.

Assign a catalogue type for counter replacement to the measuring point category: This option is irrelevant, as it does not involve creating a new measurement document. A catalogue type is a key that defines the structure and content of a catalogue, which is a collection of codes and texts that describe the characteristics of a technical object, such as damage, cause, or activity. A measuring point category is a key that defines the attributes and functions of a measuring point, which is a physical or logical location where a measurement is taken.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Wilda
9 days ago
But what about the other options? Deactivating the current counter and creating a new one could also work, right? And assigning a catalogue type for counter replacement to the measuring point category could be relevant too.
upvoted 0 times
Beatriz
11 days ago
Hmm, I'm leaning towards option B - creating a new measurement document marked as a counter replacement. That seems like the most logical way to handle it.
upvoted 0 times
Kasandra
12 days ago
That makes sense. I'm guessing the correct answer has to do with how you handle that transition in the system.
upvoted 0 times
Fatima
13 days ago
Okay, let's break this down. A counter is used to track some kind of measurement, right? So a counter replacement would be when you need to replace that counter with a new one.
upvoted 0 times
Francine
15 days ago
Yeah, me neither. I think we'll need to discuss this and try to figure out the best approach.
upvoted 0 times
Glendora
16 days ago
This is a tricky question. I'm not sure if I fully understand the concept of counter replacement in SAP S/4HANA Asset Management.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel
az-700  pass4success  az-104  200-301  200-201  cissp  350-401  350-201  350-501  350-601  350-801  350-901  az-720  az-305  pl-300  

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /pass.php:70) in /pass.php on line 77