Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam PT0-002 Topic 1 Question 54 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's PT0-002 exam
Question #: 54
Topic #: 1
[All PT0-002 Questions]

After successfully compromising a remote host, a security consultant notices an endpoint protection software is running on the host. Which of the following commands would be

best for the consultant to use to terminate the protection software and its child processes?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

The taskkill command is used in Windows to terminate tasks by process ID (PID) or image name (IM). The correct command to terminate a specified process and any child processes which were started by it uses the /T flag, and the /F flag is used to force terminate the process. Therefore, taskkill /PID <PID> /T /F is the correct syntax to terminate the endpoint protection software and its child processes.

The other options listed are either incorrect syntax or do not accomplish the task of terminating the child processes:

* /IM specifies the image name but is not necessary when using /PID.

* /S specifies the remote system to connect to and /U specifies the user context under which the command should execute, neither of which are relevant to terminating processes.

* There is no /P flag in the taskkill command.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Deonna
6 days ago
Hmm, you may be right. Let's try both commands to be safe.
upvoted 0 times
Olene
7 days ago
Are you sure about that? I think B) taskkill /PID /IM /F might be more effective.
upvoted 0 times
Kandis
14 hours ago
But wouldn't A) taskkill /PID /T /F terminate all child processes as well?
upvoted 0 times
Desiree
2 days ago
No, I disagree. B) taskkill /PID /IM /F is better.
upvoted 0 times
Candida
3 days ago
A) taskkill /PID /T /F
upvoted 0 times
Deonna
8 days ago
I think the best command to use would be A) taskkill /PID /T /F.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel
az-700  pass4success  az-104  200-301  200-201  cissp  350-401  350-201  350-501  350-601  350-801  350-901  az-720  az-305  pl-300  

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /pass.php:70) in /pass.php on line 77