Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Oracle Exam 1Z0-076 Topic 1 Question 3 Discussion

Actual exam question for Oracle's 1Z0-076 exam
Question #: 3
Topic #: 1
[All 1Z0-076 Questions]

You notice that the SQL apply lag on your logical standby database has increased but the redo transport lag has not.

Which four could be reasons for the increase in SQL apply lag?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A, B, C, F

The SQL apply lag on a logical standby database can be caused by several factors:

A: An undersized undo tablespace can lead to delays in SQL apply operations as it may not be able to handle the volume of undo records generated by the SQL apply process.

B: SQL apply operations that do full table scans can consume significant system resources, potentially leading to higher apply lag.

C: An increased number of bulk updates on the primary database may generate a large volume of redo data, which can cause apply lag if the logical standby cannot apply the changes quickly enough.

F: An undersized shared pool may affect the parsing and execution of SQL statements by SQL apply, which can contribute to the apply lag.

Option D is less likely to be a direct cause of SQL apply lag compared to bulk updates, as inserts generate new data rather than modifying existing data, which SQL apply can typically handle more efficiently.

Option E is incorrect because the size of the standby redo log files on the primary database impacts redo transport lag, not SQL apply lag.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Soledad
8 hours ago
I think the increase in SQL apply lag might be due to the undersized undo tablespace on the logical standby.
upvoted 0 times
Thea
10 days ago
Haha, this is like a who-dunnit for database nerds! I'm going to go with B, C, and E as my answers. That should cover all the bases.
upvoted 0 times
Renato
22 days ago
I think the answer might be a combination of factors. Definitely look at the undo tablespace and shared pool size on the standby, as well as the number of bulk operations on the primary.
upvoted 0 times
Lashon
24 days ago
Hmm, this question seems tricky. The SQL apply lag increasing without the redo transport lag increasing is definitely an interesting scenario.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel
az-700  pass4success  az-104  200-301  200-201  cissp  350-401  350-201  350-501  350-601  350-801  350-901  az-720  az-305  pl-300  

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /pass.php:70) in /pass.php on line 77