Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Oracle Exam 1Z0-076 Topic 1 Question 2 Discussion

Actual exam question for Oracle's 1Z0-076 exam
Question #: 2
Topic #: 1
[All 1Z0-076 Questions]

There are currently 6 applief. and 6 pfepafef processes running and no idle applier processes on y logical standby database.

The max_SERVERS SQL apply parameter and number of archiver processes are both set to 12.

Identify two changes, each of which would allow you to increase the number of applier processes.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C, D

To increase the number of applier processes on a logical standby database, the following changes can be made:

C: Increasing the value for the MAX_SERVERS SQL apply parameter would allow for more applier processes to be initiated, assuming that system resources permit.

D: Increasing the PARALLEL_MAX_SERVERS initialization parameter would allow for more parallel execution processes, which can be used by SQL apply to increase the number of applier processes.

Option A is incorrect as decreasing the number of archiver processes will not necessarily increase the number of applier processes; these are unrelated components.

Option B is incorrect because the 'FREPARER' processes do not exist, it seems to be a typographical error, and the 'REPARER' is not a valid Oracle process or parameter.

Option E is incorrect because the RECOVERY_PARALLELISM parameter controls the number of processes used for instance recovery and media recovery, not for SQL apply.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Michael
5 hours ago
I think option C is the correct one. Increasing the value for the MAX_SERVERS SQL apply parameter should allow us to increase the number of applier processes.
upvoted 0 times
Jennie
10 days ago
Haha, welcome to the wonderful world of database administration! Where the answers are never as simple as they seem and the exam writers are always one step ahead of us. Let's just do our best and hope for the best, eh?
upvoted 0 times
Paris
22 days ago
Hmm, I think the key is understanding the different parameters and how they impact the number of applier processes. This is definitely a question that requires some database administration knowledge.
upvoted 0 times
Joanna
24 days ago
Woah, this question is tricky! I'm not sure if I would be able to figure out the right changes to increase the number of applier processes.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel
az-700  pass4success  az-104  200-301  200-201  cissp  350-401  350-201  350-501  350-601  350-801  350-901  az-720  az-305  pl-300  

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /pass.php:70) in /pass.php on line 77