Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Netskope Exam NSK100 Topic 8 Question 9 Discussion

Actual exam question for Netskope's NSK100 exam
Question #: 9
Topic #: 8
[All NSK100 Questions]

Which three technologies describe the primary cloud service models as defined by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)? (Choose three.)

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C, D, E

The three technologies that describe the primary cloud service models as defined by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) are Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). These service models are based on the type of computing capability that is provided by the cloud provider to the cloud consumer over a network. According to NIST, these service models have the following definitions:

Platform as a Service (PaaS): The capability provided to the consumer is to deploy onto the cloud infrastructure consumer-created or acquired applications created using programming languages, libraries, services, and tools supported by the provider. The consumer does not manage or control the underlying cloud infrastructure including network, servers, operating systems, or storage, but has control over the deployed applications and possibly configuration settings for the application-hosting environment.

Software as a Service (SaaS): The capability provided to the consumer is to use the provider's applications running on a cloud infrastructure. The applications are accessible from various client devices through either a thin client interface, such as a web browser (e.g., web-based email), or a program interface. The consumer does not manage or control the underlying cloud infrastructure including network, servers, operating systems, storage, or even individual application capabilities, with the possible exception of limited user-specific application configuration settings.

Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): The capability provided to the consumer is to provision processing, storage, networks, and other fundamental computing resources where the consumer is able to deploy and run arbitrary software, which can include operating systems and applications. The consumer does not manage or control the underlying cloud infrastructure but has control over operating systems, storage, and deployed applications; and possibly limited control of select networking components (e.g., host firewalls).

Contribute your Thoughts:

Crissy
24 days ago
Haha, 'Refrigerator as a Service'? Now that's an idea I can get behind! But in all seriousness, this question is pretty straightforward. I'm confident C, D, and E are the right answers, and I'm ready to ace this exam.
upvoted 0 times
Ivan
25 days ago
I'm with you guys. C, D, and E are the clear winners here. Although, I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed they didn't include 'Refrigerator as a Service' as one of the options. I hear that's the next big thing in cloud computing.
upvoted 0 times
Owen
10 days ago
E) Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
upvoted 0 times
Novella
11 days ago
D) Software as a Service (SaaS)
upvoted 0 times
Derick
12 days ago
C) Platform as a Service (PaaS)
upvoted 0 times
Dortha
26 days ago
Yeah, I agree with Ria. Those three options definitely cover the primary cloud service models defined by NIST. I'm a little surprised they included the 'Cloud Service Provider' and 'Identity as a Service' options, though. Those don't really seem relevant to this question.
upvoted 0 times
Ria
27 days ago
Hmm, this seems like a straightforward question about the NIST cloud service models. I'm pretty confident that C, D, and E are the correct answers.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel
az-700  pass4success  az-104  200-301  200-201  cissp  350-401  350-201  350-501  350-601  350-801  350-901  az-720  az-305  pl-300  

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /pass.php:70) in /pass.php on line 77