Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Microsoft Exam PL-500 Topic 1 Question 36 Discussion

Actual exam question for Microsoft's PL-500 exam
Question #: 36
Topic #: 1
[All PL-500 Questions]

You are implementing a Power Automate cloud flow that submits invoice information using a custom connector action.

You observe that the custom connector action sometimes results in an error. You want the system to send you an email to alert you when the custom connector action throws an error.

You need to make sure the send email action is triggered only when the custom connector action fails.

What should you do?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

Contribute your Thoughts:

Chara
4 days ago
I agree with Sherita, that seems like the right choice to trigger the email alert.
upvoted 0 times
Sherita
5 days ago
I think we should choose option D) Set the Configure run after action to has failed.
upvoted 0 times
Franchesca
27 days ago
Guys, I'm a bit confused. What's the difference between 'has failed' and 'is skipped'? Aren't they both essentially the same thing?
upvoted 0 times
Christa
28 days ago
Haha, can you imagine getting an email every time the custom connector action times out? That would be a nightmare! Definitely not option C. I'm with Melina and Tonja on this one - D is the way to go.
upvoted 0 times
Tonja
29 days ago
Exactly, Melina. The key is we want to be alerted when the custom connector action encounters a real error, not just when it's skipped for some other reason. That's why option D is the best choice here.
upvoted 0 times
Melina
30 days ago
Good question, Neha. The way I see it, 'has failed' means the action actually encountered an error and couldn't complete successfully. 'Is skipped' could happen for a variety of reasons, like if a previous condition wasn't met or if the action was intentionally skipped. We want the email to go out specifically when the custom connector action fails, not just when it's skipped for some other reason.
upvoted 0 times
Junita
8 days ago
That won't help in alerting us specifically when the custom connector action fails. We need the 'Failed' status for that purpose.
upvoted 0 times
Lachelle
9 days ago
A) Create a terminate action and set the status to Cancelled
upvoted 0 times
Leatha
10 days ago
Close, but the correct option is to set the status to Failed and set an error code, as mentioned earlier.
upvoted 0 times
Lea
11 days ago
D) Set the Configure run ate- action to has failed
upvoted 0 times
Adolph
12 days ago
No, we don't want the email to be triggered when the action is skipped. We specifically need it for when the action fails.
upvoted 0 times
Troy
13 days ago
E) Set the Configure run after action to is skipped
upvoted 0 times
Adolph
14 days ago
That's right. This option will make sure the email is triggered only when the custom connector action fails.
upvoted 0 times
Ramonita
15 days ago
B) Create a terminate action set the status to Failed and set an error code.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel
az-700  pass4success  az-104  200-301  200-201  cissp  350-401  350-201  350-501  350-601  350-801  350-901  az-720  az-305  pl-300  

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /pass.php:70) in /pass.php on line 77