Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Microsoft Exam MB-820 Topic 4 Question 8 Discussion

Actual exam question for Microsoft's MB-820 exam
Question #: 8
Topic #: 4
[All MB-820 Questions]

A company uses Business Central.

The company plans to use a translation file in an extension. The extension has a caption that should not be translated.

You need to prevent the caption from being translated.

What should you do?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

To prevent a caption from being translated in an extension for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, you should add the Locked = true parameter to the Caption (C). This parameter explicitly marks the caption as locked for translation, ensuring that it remains unchanged across different language versions of the extension. This approach is useful for specific terms, brand names, or other elements within the application that should remain consistent regardless of the user's language settings. Unlike the other options, which involve manual manipulation of the translation file or properties, setting Locked = true directly in the AL code provides a clear, maintainable, and error-proof method to exclude specific captions from the translation process.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Maurine
6 days ago
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Option E might be a valid solution as well. It's a bit more manual, but it could get the job done.
upvoted 0 times
Geraldo
6 days ago
I agree with the C crowd. Locking the caption is the solution. Although, I do wonder if the exam writers are trying to trick us with those other options. It's like they're playing a game of 'caption catch' with us!
upvoted 0 times
Tamesha
7 days ago
I'm not so sure about that. What if we just copy the same caption for each language in the translation file? Wouldn't that also work?
upvoted 0 times
William
8 days ago
Yep, C is the way to go. Locking the caption is the clear choice here. Although, if I had a nickel for every time a translation file caused me trouble, I'd be a rich person!
upvoted 0 times
Josue
8 days ago
I agree with Carmelina. Option C is the way to go. It's a simple solution that directly addresses the requirement of preventing the caption from being translated.
upvoted 0 times
Carmelina
9 days ago
Hmm, this is an interesting question. I think the correct answer is C. Adding the Locked = true parameter to the Caption seems like the most straightforward way to prevent the caption from being translated.
upvoted 0 times
Maira
9 days ago
I'm leaning towards C, but I'm a bit confused about the other options. Is B actually a thing in Business Central? And deleting the caption seems like a terrible idea. Let's just stick with the locked caption approach.
upvoted 0 times
Amie
10 days ago
I'm going with C as well. Locking the caption is the logical solution here. Although, I do wonder if anyone's ever accidentally deleted their caption and had to start over. That would be a real 'caption catastrophe'!
upvoted 0 times
Quentin
12 days ago
Definitely C. The question specifically says we need to prevent the caption from being translated, and the Locked = true parameter is the way to do that. Easy peasy!
upvoted 0 times
Aaron
14 days ago
Hmm, this question seems straightforward. I think the correct answer is C - Add the Locked = true parameter to the Caption. That should prevent the caption from being translated, right?
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel
az-700  pass4success  az-104  200-301  200-201  cissp  350-401  350-201  350-501  350-601  350-801  350-901  az-720  az-305  pl-300  

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /pass.php:70) in /pass.php on line 77