Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Microsoft Exam DP-600 Topic 1 Question 9 Discussion

Actual exam question for Microsoft's DP-600 exam
Question #: 9
Topic #: 1
[All DP-600 Questions]

You have a Fabric tenant that contains a lakehouse. You plan to use a visual query to merge two tables.

You need to ensure that the query returns all the rows that are present in both tables. Which type of join should you use?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

When you need to return all rows that are present in both tables, you use a full outer join. This type of join combines the results of both left and right outer joins and returns all rows from both tables, with matching rows from both sides where available. If there is no match, the result is NULL on the side of the join where there is no match.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Truman
6 days ago
Hold on, what about a left outer join? That would also return all rows from the first table, plus any matching rows from the second table. Option A could work too, right?
upvoted 0 times
Dulce
6 days ago
Haha, you guys are really overthinking this. Why not just use an inner join? It will only return the rows that are present in both tables, which is what the question is asking for.
upvoted 0 times
Lynelle
7 days ago
Tell me about it! It's like they're trying to trick us or something. But hey, at least we've got each other to bounce ideas off of. That's better than staring at the screen alone, right?
upvoted 0 times
Brent
8 days ago
Absolutely! Teamwork makes the dreamwork, as they say. Although, I do have to admit, I'm a little nervous about the next question. Who knows what kind of curveball they'll throw at us next!
upvoted 0 times
Jaime
8 days ago
Hmm, I'm not sure I agree. If we want to return all the rows from both tables, shouldn't we use a right outer join instead? That way, we'll get all the rows from the right table and the matching rows from the left table.
upvoted 0 times
Felix
9 days ago
Good point, Clarinda. A left outer join will return all the rows from the left table and the matching rows from the right table. This could be useful if we want to prioritize one table over the other.
upvoted 0 times
Peggie
9 days ago
Hmm, this seems like a straightforward question about join types. I'm pretty confident I know the answer, but let's see what the others think.
upvoted 0 times
Clarinda
10 days ago
But wait, what if we want to include all the rows from one table and only the matching rows from the other table? In that case, a left outer join might be more appropriate.
upvoted 0 times
Derick
12 days ago
I agree with Adolph. The full outer join will return all the rows from both tables, regardless of whether there is a match or not. This ensures that we don't miss any data.
upvoted 0 times
Adolph
14 days ago
This is a tricky question. We need to make sure we understand the requirements properly. The question states that we need to return all the rows that are present in both tables, so a full outer join seems like the best option.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel
az-700  pass4success  az-104  200-301  200-201  cissp  350-401  350-201  350-501  350-601  350-801  350-901  az-720  az-305  pl-300  

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /pass.php:70) in /pass.php on line 77