Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam 220-1101 Topic 1 Question 29 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's 220-1101 exam
Question #: 29
Topic #: 1
[All 220-1101 Questions]

A user's computer frequently freezes and requires multiple hard restarts to recover functionality. A technician confirms the hardware components have not been recently upgraded or replaced. Which of the following should the technician do first to troubleshoot the issue?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

When a computer frequently freezes and requires hard restarts, the first step a technician should take, especially when hardware components have not been recently changed, is to read the event logs. Event logs can provide critical insights into what is causing the system to freeze, including errors and warnings that precede the freeze. This information is essential for diagnosing software or operating system issues that might be causing instability. Checking the temperature or updating drivers might be subsequent steps based on findings from the event logs.

Reference: CompTIA A+ Core 1 (220-1101) troubleshooting section, which emphasizes the importance of using system logs to diagnose issues.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Fredric
3 days ago
Got it, thanks. I'll try that next.
upvoted 0 times
Deeanna
4 days ago
If checking the temperature doesn't work, you should update the device driver.
upvoted 0 times
Fredric
5 days ago
Okay, I'll do that. What if that doesn't work?
upvoted 0 times
Arthur
6 days ago
You should check the temperature of the CPU first.
upvoted 0 times
Mozelle
5 hours ago
C) Read the event logs.
upvoted 0 times
Paola
1 days ago
B) Update the device driver.
upvoted 0 times
Alex
2 days ago
A) Check the temperature of the CPU.
upvoted 0 times
Fredric
7 days ago
My computer keeps freezing, what should I do?
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel
az-700  pass4success  az-104  200-301  200-201  cissp  350-401  350-201  350-501  350-601  350-801  350-901  az-720  az-305  pl-300  

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /pass.php:70) in /pass.php on line 77